Monday, July 21, 2008

The Deuce

Here are a couple of things that have happened since last I posted:

*AD turned TWO! No shit!

*I received about 20 emails, all of which I filed away "to return later" like giant Divorce-Card-Wielding bitch/hag.

*Gev got kicked off SYTYCD. POUT.

*I purchased Step Up 2 on DVD. God help me, I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD, as long as you ignore any and all alleged ACTING by "actors".


So, yeah. I am the mother of a TWO-YEAR-OLD. And in typical two-year-old fashion, AD totally cooperated with my efforts to get a Touching Milestone Birthday Picture as I dropped her off at daycare:

Take One: Please! No photos!


Take Two: Actual FINGER UP NOSE, for the love of christ

Terrible twos, here we come! I sincerely hope she accepts the Divorce Card! Although, now that I think of it, the Divorce Card is trumped by the Child Of Broken Home card. Hmm. Check and MATE.

49 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha - love the finger up the nose picture.

Perfect for future blackmail when she hits the terrible teens.

SLynnRo said...

TOTALLY DIFFERENT IN THIS PICTURE.

Nice chat yesterday, yes? YES. You have a voice!

Christina Schmidt said...

Nose up finger = Classic (also good bribe to get out of dealing with child of broken home card!)

Also, if the little boy behind you were your child he was looking perfectly at the camera!!!

I love that top you are wearing BTW - SO CUTE!

3 has been harder 2 if that is possible... Weeeeeeeeee...

LoriD said...

She is REALLY GOOD at being a two-year-old. She's adorable, even with a finger up her nose. Happy Birthday, AD!

Misty said...

I have to say I love picture number 2 best as well. Jelly Bean will be 2 in about 6 weeks. Not looking forward to that one.

Tess said...

Slynn, now you know why I don't talk on the phone. I sound like a 12-year-old girl with a head cold. WITH BONUS AWKWARDNESS.

My outfit is downright presentable in those pics, now that I look at it. I even have RED SHOES ON. Total fashion plate.

Fay said...

Seriously. Frame pic#2 and hang it somewhere prominent. :)

Anonymous said...

You both look so cute in those pictures! I love your outfit and hair!

Happy belated birthday to AD!

Anonymous said...

So awesome. Love both pictures. Totally baby book-worthy.

Anne said...

She is adorable, even with her finger up her nose! :)

Nowheymama said...

Happy Birthday, AD!

Anonymous said...

HA! That second picture is AWESOME.

Two really isn't all that bad, promise. At least it wasn't for us...three was much worse...

Anyway, happy belated birthday to AD!

Kat said...

Definitely have to frame pic#2! BTW - Three's are a whole lot worse than two's, no one ever mentions that for some reason...

Very chic, CFO looking outfit - Kudos!

Tess said...

Are you kidding? EVERYONE mentions that! 3-year-olds are the Devil Incarnate, if you ask the Internets!

Anonymous said...

I cried a little bit when Gev got the boot. Also, I miss Pasha.

anne said...

Gah. Blogger ate my comment and I was totally de-lurking and admitting that I had spent time in your archives because I was SO BORED at work Friday and you were wonderful in keeping me company. Also felt that this was a more appropriate post to comment on than the divorce.

sara said...

and then... after the 2's and 3's... you get the 4's and 5's. when they actually know the difference between and green/yellow/red lights.... and remind you when you run a red one that they are "GONNA TELL DADDY" all while you are in a heated custody battle to begin with. yeah, um... good times.

Anonymous said...

Promise us that you will show the future boyfriends picture #2!!!

Those are great pictures, you look great and she is so adorable as always!

Lynnbug said...

I was gonna say the little guy in the background was totally wanting his picture taken. Your daughter is adorable.

Kristi said...

She is just so cute! Really, enjoy 2 before you are facing the wrath of 3 - or, shudder, 3 1/2!

Plus, you don't look so bad your damn self. Have a happy, caffeinated day.

Erin said...

Happy b-day AD! Don't worry, 2 is not that bad! At least not yet!

Julie said...

But they're both good pictures of YOU! :)

Ali said...

wait...i'm pretty sure you were also at blogher this weekend..

oh wait. that was you. on a stick.


haahahahahahahaha

mom of the year said...

LOVE the booger-finding shot. AWESOME! Also, yes, three year olds are the real manifestation of evil...

Jess said...

Picture number two is priceless, and YOU are gorgeous and look totally classy and pulled together.

Shelly said...

Adorable! And great for blackmail purposes. Double bonus points! Happy Birthday to AD!

FunnyGal KAT said...

Oh, Tessie, I have enjoyed reading your blog and am so sad to have to stop. Why, you ask? Well, from the photo it's obvious you are way too stylish for me. If this were high school, you would be one of the cool kids and I would be the nerdy girl in the corner staring enviously at your lunch table hoping against all hope to be invited over. I recently started a job that requires me to dress up, but it still feels like a costume. And then there you are, sporting the sleek haircut, the awesome blouse and the pointy-toed shoes. >>sigh<<

OK, so the photos didn't turn out how you wanted them, but will provide years of pulling them out and saying to AD, "Look what you did when all I wanted was a nice photo!" to guilt here into doing stuff.

Tess said...

Oh, FGKat. HAHAHAHAHA!

You are the Totallest Skimmer Who Ever Skimmed if you think I'm stylish!

I mean, THANKS, but...no.

Anonymous said...

When Gev got kicked off, I totally thought OH NO TESSIE! I am amused by myself.

These past two weeks, Grayson has been a TOTAL PILL. Like, overnight he decided to WAKE UP and become TWO. What the fuck, man? This sucks. And I can't even PLAY the divorce card.

I CAN play the pregnant card, though ... maybe that will work ... right?

Stormy said...

HA! I thought of you, too, when I watched SYTYCD and Gev got the boot. For the record, Mark totally should have gone first...but those top three ARE my favorites. I'm kinda partial to the Dallas boy,Joshua, myself. I always root for the underdog, tho.

Also, everyone is right. 3 is the next 2. Although, my youngest made it all the way to 5 before becoming Satan's child.

Anonymous said...

TWO! You have a two-year-old!
Doesn't that just break and melt your heart all at the same time.
You two are simply adorable - nose-picking and all.
Hope all is well.
I hope you and AD had a lovely birthday celebration.

Scott-N-Heather said...

Very cute pics. What is it with two year olds and nose picking?

She seemed to PICK up that habit at school. It is now one of her favorite pass times.

Mary O said...

You are both adorable, finger up the nose and all. Happy Birthday, AD!

Mandy said...

Let me just say have fun the next TWO years - from my view they both SUCK equally - but I have a boy, so there is THAT.

I would be sitting at the table in high school with funnygal Kat with the realism that I would never get asked over...I'd be the one trying to be you (unsucessfully) in my own group of friends:)

Laura said...

Totally agree about Step Up 2. I just blogged about it today after watching it last night. Must get a dance crew together to take to the streets...

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

I TOTALLY thought of you every time I saw the Step Up 2 DVD advertised. Also am jealous that you spoke to someone on the phone who is not MEEEEEEEE. Am I a total girl crush STALKER or WHAT?

Also Happy Birthday AD!

I love the pictures, classic. But did the person stand on a chair or something? Would it have killed them to you know, crouch down or something? It's like they're trying to take an AWK picture.

Kelsey said...

The great thing about two and three is that the more children can talk, the funnier they get, even while being evil.

The picture taking doesn't get any easier, but see? AD is already bringing the funny!

Alice said...

hee, she's super cute, EVEN WITH her finger up her nose.

i've been cranky as shit recently. yet i am not two, and i am not getting divorced. i need to come up with a legitimate excuse, STAT.

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

I love IT!! Laughed out loud Texas.


Because I so adore your blog and I love your intense honesty and humor.. I nominated you for a silly little award. :)

Brilliant BLog 2008 Award

If you'd like to claim it and participate please jump over to my site and visit. :)

IF not.. well eff off then. :)
d

Amy said...

I was so mad that Gev got sent home! He was so good! And how lame was it that Comfort stayed when Kherington is so consistently better!

bananafana said...

O was so fun at 2! can we trade? I just want to monch her cheeks. very very cute

Manager Mom said...

Was she actually flipping you the bird in the first photo?

Lindsay said...

Oh hell ya. First timer here. Is "Stop looking at me swan!" in reference to Billy Madison? I will pretend it is. People always look at me all crzy like when I bust it out. Glad to see I am not the only one.

Anonymous said...

As my friend Mark would say, "That's good eatin'".

Sarah said...

Oh, I love the pigtails. And I see AD is still obsessed with dress wearing, huh? Mine too.
Also, I saw Step Up 2 in the check out lane the other day and totally thought of you.

Crystal Gable said...

Wonderful photos. Your kid is cute and terribly entertaining.

Flibberty said...

Happy Birthday (belated) to little AD, who is disarmingly cute.

Also, please to update soon, you are missed.

Vanessa said...

Both pictures are cute even if not perfect. Hope it was a good birthday, she sure is cute!

ellipses said...

oh lordy, the finger up the nose... that needs to go in the yearbook when she graduates High School! Hahaaa!
ps... new reader here -- I have read every post. So NOT a skimmer, pinky swear.