Oh dear. I like the new pic and I LOVE the "married (ish)". I don't really get Twitter. Is is just non-stop random thoughts? I'll have to ask one of the kids around here.
Fine. I am now on Twitter. As "Swistle_Thistle". And so then I looked up "Swistle" because it said that was already taken---and there is no Swistle. I AM ALREADY MAD AT TWITTER, AND I HAVE ONLY BEEN A MEMBER FOR 39 SECONDS.
OK, look, I can only play the orphan card up to 6 times per year, now. In the first year, I used it AT WILL.
For example: In Target at Christmas picking up cat food... Husband picks up random dog treat and says, "Sigh... we used to buy Sasha these treats (his dog that had recently died)."
Me: Yeah, that is sad. You know what's worse? BEING AN ORPHAN.
Play the divorce card as much as possible, while you can!!!
Been thinkning of twittering for a while, but have always wanted someone to clarify the intent for me...My idea is that it is like frequent, short-burst style blogging...updates? Kind of like the status on facebook???
I think Id like Twitter better than blogging in the long run but don't see the point until my new phone and data plan are set up, right? Imean, Twittering isosmething you do "on the run", right?
I love Twitter. And I love it even more that you are Twittering. I am fernlovescoffee and I just started stalking I MEAN FOLLOWING you. On Twitter. Not in real life.
Also, I am on vacation and stealing I MEAN BORROWING some stranger's wireless, so my connection is spotty, but I am so sorry about your impoending divorce. But hey, everyone needs at least one divorce. It builds character. I'm divorced. My husband is divorced. Both our exes are divorced. My grandparents are divorced. Lots of our friends are too. Don't beat yourself up about it, for realsies yo. It'll be okay. Probably even better than okay, after a little time to heal.
Dammit! I'm trying to stay away from that GD Twitter and lo, another of the strong have fallen. I think I'm almost about to fall into that hole and I feel powerless to stop myself!
Oh dear. Now with Sundry, you AND Swistle on Twitter, I will have a very hard time getting anything done around here. P.S. I'm following you already, under marymatto just so you know I'm not a weirdo!
OH HELL YEAH! Hook that shit up so you can update via your Supa Stah phone. It will be even MORE addicting - promise! And if you're feeling froggy - follow me - deltazlou. Not as funny as you but sometimes enjoyable! Do I know how to sell me or what?
Oh Tessie. I realize you are probably sad (even though you are emotionally crippled and can't feel it) and confused about your future... But Twitter?? Twitter?? I would rather you tell me you went blonde and are drinking profusely and shooting heroin. I realize desperate times call for change. But Twitter?? Have you no shame??
Want to meet in New Mexico for a drink? Drinks plural? You tell me when and I will start drivin' girl!
DEAR GOD! It's like a fucking twelve step program, isn't it? Shit. Girl, I've got your back (even in light of Twitter). You've given me the guts to post my own deal this week. Probably today. Thanks, and know that we'll wade through this shit together. Beer???
Dear Tessee, (sorry for the spelling, GAH!) I tried the Twitter deal last eve. I'm a Twitter loser. Hey, You can play the Divorce card from now until the final pound of the gavel, after that, you are trumped by the Single Mom card...so you will have to switch. Been there, done that. You my dear are WONDERFUL. Carry on. I may Twitter yet. I gotta watch first. I'm just NOT that interesting.
Married(ish) kills me! Twitter some more- you're just sitting there waiting for your bed anyway. Entertain me!!!! :) Yes, I am that pathetic. Especially when sitting at work BORED to tears.
I agree with Flib- the more Tessie the better. Also, even though I am sorrier than I can say about your having to go through this divorce, I am weirdly proud that I guessed Your Deal somewhat correctly. I know that's shitty of me, huh? But I feel like I was so IN TUNE with your vibe, even though you weren't saying anything about it. I FELT IT IN MY BONES that it was BR related. I wish I had been wrong, though. Obviously. And now this is getting sappy, so I will wrap it up! Love the new pic.
i live in seattle and we have "summer" for oh about 8 weeks tops, so i limit my comp-pooter(what i call computer to annoy my friends programming hubby) time so i can be outside and absorb some vitamin d. which means i cut my blog reads down drastically. you my dear, were spared the cut. you are my new summer drama mamma. i don't mean that like i'm enjoying your pain, but when i've spent my comp-pooter limit i find myself saying "how's tessie doing?" then also "WHY THE FUCK IS SHE LIVING IN TEXAS?" so i check in on ya'. cause i care.
Tess is a recently divorced single mom living thousands of miles from her family and friends. So she's got that going for her, which is nice.
Email her at trueishstory AT gmail DOT com.
44 comments:
You are dead to me.
(Also, ANOTHER picture of you that looks COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from every other picture of you. Jesus!)
Shauna, do you know that those pictures were taken ON THE SAME DAY?
Dude. I don't know what to tell you.
"Married(ish)" I love it. Only you, honey, only you.
And twitter?? The fru-its of the dev-il.
I spend too much time online as it is.
Lo how the mighty have fallen.
These are dark times indeed.
Oh dear. I like the new pic and I LOVE the "married (ish)". I don't really get Twitter. Is is just non-stop random thoughts? I'll have to ask one of the kids around here.
i technically twitter, but even though i'm on it and "tweet" or whatever the fuck the horrific verb is, i'm still not sure it GET it.
Well, I don't know how Twitter works, but I clicked around randomly, and your twittering is somehow in my Google Reader now. Married(ish)? HA!
Ack. I joined but I don't GET IT. What the fuck do I do? Does. not. compute. Twitter is all pops and buzzes to me.
Also, Type (little) A? FRU-ITS OF THE DEV-IL?!?! I might love you for that!!
I have no clue what Twitter is you Twit! Help a sistah out would you?
Jackie, I just...I don't know what to tell you man.
It's like...a news ticker scrolling across your regular blog? IDK. I'm playing the Divorce Card! LEAVE ME TO MY SHENANIGANS!
God, I spelled your NAME WRONG.
Ugg. I suck.
DIVORCE CARD!
Dude, forget twitter. you need to do Plurk. It's like IM on crack.
Okay, FINE, I will sign up.
...I am signing up, and it says THE NAME SWISTLE HAS ALREADY BEEN TAKEN. WHAT IS THIS TRAVESTY???? What other name can I possibly go by?
I must confess to not understanding Twitter. Like, at all. You use your phone to do it, right? Or am I making that up? God, I'm old.
Fine. I am now on Twitter. As "Swistle_Thistle". And so then I looked up "Swistle" because it said that was already taken---and there is no Swistle. I AM ALREADY MAD AT TWITTER, AND I HAVE ONLY BEEN A MEMBER FOR 39 SECONDS.
OK, look, I can only play the orphan card up to 6 times per year, now. In the first year, I used it AT WILL.
For example: In Target at Christmas picking up cat food... Husband picks up random dog treat and says, "Sigh... we used to buy Sasha these treats (his dog that had recently died)."
Me: Yeah, that is sad. You know what's worse? BEING AN ORPHAN.
Play the divorce card as much as possible, while you can!!!
/end hijack
Been thinkning of twittering for a while, but have always wanted someone to clarify the intent for me...My idea is that it is like frequent, short-burst style blogging...updates? Kind of like the status on facebook???
I think Id like Twitter better than blogging in the long run but don't see the point until my new phone and data plan are set up, right? Imean, Twittering isosmething you do "on the run", right?
Im old and clueless!
NEVER. EVEN. HEARD. OF. TWITTER.
WTF????
Join something that I at least semi-know how to log in and work such as Facebook.
Those pictures were taken on the same day?!?
No freaking way.
It won't let me see anything about you unless I join. This is fucking pissing me off! I thought I was doing damn good to remember your blog address!!!
I've had a bottle of wine already tonight and I am NOT UP for putting up with this shit. GGRRRRRRR
I love Twitter. And I love it even more that you are Twittering. I am fernlovescoffee and I just started stalking I MEAN FOLLOWING you. On Twitter. Not in real life.
Also, I am on vacation and stealing I MEAN BORROWING some stranger's wireless, so my connection is spotty, but I am so sorry about your impoending divorce. But hey, everyone needs at least one divorce. It builds character. I'm divorced. My husband is divorced. Both our exes are divorced. My grandparents are divorced. Lots of our friends are too. Don't beat yourself up about it, for realsies yo. It'll be okay. Probably even better than okay, after a little time to heal.
You are awesome.
Am I going to have to join Twitter now? Am I the last holdout? Aaaargh.
Dammit! I'm trying to stay away from that GD Twitter and lo, another of the strong have fallen. I think I'm almost about to fall into that hole and I feel powerless to stop myself!
Oh dear. Now with Sundry, you AND Swistle on Twitter, I will have a very hard time getting anything done around here.
P.S. I'm following you already, under marymatto just so you know I'm not a weirdo!
well, I guess I will get back into twitter now!!!
welcome I am:
@mandyg
You guys, I put a Twitter dealie on the sidebar so if you really must know what I'm saying, you can just look there without logging into Twitter.
What is twitter? I am so out of it.
If you stop blogging to twitter, I will kick your ass. DIVORCE CARD OR NO.
Okay, now I'm going to have to update my twitter now that I know you're on there.
OH HELL YEAH! Hook that shit up so you can update via your Supa Stah phone. It will be even MORE addicting - promise! And if you're feeling froggy - follow me - deltazlou. Not as funny as you but sometimes enjoyable! Do I know how to sell me or what?
Cracking up over here over your, "Stop looking at me, Swan!"
Fabulous!
Oh Tessie. I realize you are probably sad (even though you are emotionally crippled and can't feel it) and confused about your future... But Twitter?? Twitter?? I would rather you tell me you went blonde and are drinking profusely and shooting heroin. I realize desperate times call for change. But Twitter?? Have you no shame??
Want to meet in New Mexico for a drink? Drinks plural? You tell me when and I will start drivin' girl!
DEAR GOD! It's like a fucking twelve step program, isn't it? Shit. Girl, I've got your back (even in light of Twitter). You've given me the guts to post my own deal this week. Probably today. Thanks, and know that we'll wade through this shit together. Beer???
OH.oH.OOOH.Oh.oh...
Sorry, I don't Twitter.
Dear Tessee,
(sorry for the spelling, GAH!)
I tried the Twitter deal last eve. I'm a Twitter loser. Hey, You can play the Divorce card from now until the final pound of the gavel, after that, you are trumped by the Single Mom card...so you will have to switch. Been there, done that. You my dear are WONDERFUL.
Carry on. I may Twitter yet. I gotta watch first. I'm just NOT that interesting.
What's with the twitter hate? The more Tessie, the better.
Married(ish) kills me! Twitter some more- you're just sitting there waiting for your bed anyway. Entertain me!!!! :) Yes, I am that pathetic. Especially when sitting at work BORED to tears.
I agree with Flib- the more Tessie the better. Also, even though I am sorrier than I can say about your having to go through this divorce, I am weirdly proud that I guessed Your Deal somewhat correctly. I know that's shitty of me, huh? But I feel like I was so IN TUNE with your vibe, even though you weren't saying anything about it. I FELT IT IN MY BONES that it was BR related.
I wish I had been wrong, though. Obviously.
And now this is getting sappy, so I will wrap it up! Love the new pic.
How do you already have 68 followers on Twitter? I am totally in a one-sided Twitter competition with you, and I am losing.
I joined just to be a follower. Such is my life. I am not sure what the friggen point is!
Anyone?
Well Shit on a Stick - I just joined.
i live in seattle and we have "summer" for oh about 8 weeks tops, so i limit my comp-pooter(what i call computer to annoy my friends programming hubby) time so i can be outside and absorb some vitamin d. which means i cut my blog reads down drastically. you my dear, were spared the cut. you are my new summer drama mamma. i don't mean that like i'm enjoying your pain, but when i've spent my comp-pooter limit i find myself saying "how's tessie doing?" then also "WHY THE FUCK IS SHE LIVING IN TEXAS?" so i check in on ya'. cause i care.
umm, EVERYONE'S on twitter, even JEBUS!
http://twitter.com/TweetJeebus
Post a Comment