Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Oh, How I Adore Her

Is there anyone who reads this crap (WHEN I UPDATE, THAT IS--- JESUS!) who doesn't also read Plain-Jane?

We've been over the fact that I read an obscene number of blogs of all types: mom blogs, entertainment blogs, fitness blogs, I COULD GO ON HERE. I can honestly say that I don't read anything that's like Jane's blog. She's a mom, but it's not a mommyblog. She struggles with depression, but it's not a trainwreck blog. It's just...it's just some funny shit, is what it is:

"In response to comments about the ratty-ass shoes, bite me! I will throw away shoes if I want and I invite you to come delve through my trash if you want them. Damn! "

"And! May god damn you commenters! Always talking shit to me! I am depressed, you know! I have A MENTAL ILLNESS AND CAN PROVIDE A NOTE EXCUSING ALL OF MY BEHAVIOR IF NEEDED. It's embarrassing! Here I am, number four on the Blog...uh..whatever it is Awards, and all my commenters are telling me I'm dumb and handing me my ass!"

Now, come on. That is funny. Admit it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, thanks! Aren't you nice!

Flibberty said...

I adore her too and think she laces her posts with very well placed swear words. This is a skill I have not yet mastered as everytime I right a "swear word" I blush. Seriously. Jane's pen (or key stroke as it were) is much mightier than your average sword.

Marie Green said...

I've read Jane, but haven't yet been hooked. I'm going to give her another try.

Anonymous said...

I'll pile on with the adoration. She cracks me up with her bad self.

Christina Schmidt said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first part. I have been thinking/saying this for two years. It is freaking brillant. I mean if mothers who are working as investment bankers at a top firm in NYC pulling down $350k a year for the past ten years, get pregnant and are suddenly going to stay at home, it is a lot different from people who are making maybe $40k for ten years with massive debt.

BUT women read that stuff and think I can do that too until it kills them and their relationship from the strain of the husband (or wife) trying to do all the work, pay the bills and all because the wife/husband read some article about a totally unrealistic women(man/family) out there in the world who has made more money then GAWD for the past ten years! I LOVE IT. Thanks for the head's up!!!