When it gets cold outside and you got nobody to love
You'll understand what I mean when I say
There's no way we're gonna give up
And like a little girl cries in the face of a monster that lives in her dreams
Is there anyone out there cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe
Is there anyone out there cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe
Does it kill
Does it burn
Is it painful to learn
That it's me that has all the control
Plus it has a wicked beat. What songs do YOU like for working out? I'm always looking for new ones! Plus, BR uploads military running cadences (as in "1,2,3,4 HEY! Run me now, run me now, run me some more HEY!") to our i-Pod, so I have to dilute the chances of that shit coming up on shuffle.
P.S. - The ironic thing is, I normally skim these "what's on my insert music delivery device here" entries (mostly because I am a clueless music-tard). WHO'S SKIMMING/MARKING AS READ NOW, HUH?

14 comments:
I am a true clueless music tard, so I have no suggestions, but I'm happy to take yours. The most music I get while exercising is listening to the dogs pant while we walk and it is not exactly inspirational.
I got an MP3 player for running about 3 years ago, uploaded some songs I liked and have NEVER uploaded any more. So, for three years, I have been walking and running to the same 20 or so songs. Now who's the music tard?
I won't bore you will all of them, but my faves are:
"You Oughta Know" (Alanis Morrisette)
"Birdhouse in my Soul" (They Might be Giants)
"Right Here, Right Now (Jesus Jones)
"How Bizarre" (OMC)
"Rush" (Big Audio Dynamite)
I don't remember the names of the songs (music tard as well!), but I downloaded a bunch of stuff from the TV show Alias. Cheesy, yes. But it makes me want to kick some ass!
P.S. That Maroon 5 song is TOTALLY in my head now...
I have to have a really rocking beat when I work out, so here's what's on my running playlist (note that I did not say I actually run, just that I have a running playlist.
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Holding out for a Hero - Bonnie Tyler
SexyBack - Justin Timberlake (Do not JUDGE me)
Light Fingered - Composure
Hell above Water - Curve
Lose Yourself - Eminem
All the things she said - t.A.T.u.
Okay, embarrassment time: I love cheesy pop songs sometimes when I run. Britney Spears' greatest hits? Black Eyed Peas' My Humps? Pink's U + Ur hand? Check, check, and check.
Lately though I've been listening to my Six Feet Under soundtrack II. It rocks.
Oh, yes, these are all great! Keep em coming!
And for the love of god, don't worry about posting cheesy/stale pop songs! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO HERE?
I used to try to be all cool with my music choices, but now that I'm facing the Doom and Death that is Week Four of the C25K, I have abandoned coolness in favour of all music that distracts me from the pain that is running for many minutes without stopping. The ones that I have found most distracting are I Need to Know by Marc Anthony, Stronger by Britney Spears, Believe by Cher, and Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood. Yes, I know. I didn't really want whatever street cred I just lost, anyway.
Working out? What the hell are you talking about? I find that the mental insanity of that which is having kids and a husband is a great way of burning those calories.
Has anyone listened to the Pod Cast that accompanies the C25K? It's great, and I'm so glad it exists, but the first week had a song in it that repeated the following: "get away from me, I don't want you to call me," over and over again. I was signing this mindlessly in the grocery store and quite possibly scared a number of shoppers.
What's an i-Pod?
Kidding. But only kind of. I'm still jogging with a boom-box on my shoulder...
Crystal - I am the old lady at the gym with a CD walkman!! HAHAHAHA!
I do not, repeat DO NOT, run, but I happen to walk quite quickly. Does that count enough for me to comment? I'm hoping you said, "By all means, YES!" cuz I'm just going to cruise right along.
I LOVE Lily Allen right now. I also have some JT Sexyback going on. And The Emancipation of Mimi.
The most embarrassing song on my iPod? "Potential Break-up Song" by Aly and AJ. They're a total Disney/Mousekateer creation, but damn if I don't love me that song.
Pump It -- Black Eyed Peas is seriously my fave running song. Want some pop songs? Basically any Britney (Toxic, Stronger, Crazy, Do Somethin and so on and so forth), of course, all the JT -- SexyBack as well as Like I Love You, there's Destiny's Child (love a little Bootylicious and Survivor), and I also rock out to Lindsay Lohan's Rumors. Feel free to laugh. I do whatever it takes to get my ass on the treadmill. Ohh, and I don't know if this is considered "pop" but Feel Good by Gorillaz also rocks.
So, I just found your blog and am obviously going through your archives. But, I recently posted my workout list on my blog and I'm sure since August you've found plenty of songs but just in case...
http://www.pearlsofwit.com/2008/01/strong.html
has a really long-ass list of songs for you to try. Not to be one of those self-promoting bitches.
And I second the motion that Aly & AJ's "Potential Break Up Song" is awesome.
Post a Comment