So. Listen. If there's one thing I hate, it's when bloggers go all drama queen/king and hand-wring over the state of their blogs.
However. Things are...not good. I don't really want to get into it, obv, but I'm sure you can use your collective imaginations . Lord knows you are a well and truly fucked-up lot, which is why I love you. Anyway, it's not, like, VAMPIRE-RELATED or anything (UNFORTUNATELY--are you guys watching True Blood?) Just standard shitty divorce stuff. Well, standard when you're beginning to approach the Trainwreck section of the bell curve.
At any rate, I'm going to have to make the blog private for a while, and also stop writing it. And that's that. Spoken like a true emotional cripple.
I will be okay, and there are good things going on in my life, and I promise I'll be back to tell you all about it. Um, with like 5 readers. Well, whatev.
Also, I'll still be around, reading and even commenting when the spirit moves me (DIVORCE CARD), so don't break out the streamers and party balloons just yet.
See you all soon(ish)-
xoxo
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

70 comments:
Take your time. Here for you if you need anything, ok?
But we'll all miss you, so promise to come back once you've slogged through the most craptastic part.
XOXO
Emily
captainhambone.typepad.com
I'm glad I made it in to comment before you make it private, just to say I hope things will get better soon...and they WILL get better. :)
My blog is private too. I know how that goes- I couldn't stop writing, but there was just too much that the whole entire world didn't need to know.
I'm sorry things suck for you right now. I hope they get better soon.
I miss your writing, but completely understand. I truly wish you well during this and hope that you come out on the other side better for it all. Until then . . . .
Man, that sucks. I will miss you and I look forward to when you can come back to us!
And of course I do hope things get better and less craptastic soon.
DUDE.
I'll miss you, but I figured you'd have to make this private. Lawyer types take shit out of context all the time, so it's smart to take down your blog.
Keep in touch, OK?
I'll be keeping you in my feed reader for if/when you do come back.
XOXOXOXOXOXO
I currently miss you and think of you ALL THE TIME, will continue to miss you and will definitely be one of your five readers when the dust settles.
Maybe if I get off my lazy ass and blog more, you'll feel moved to comment and then I'll know you are ok! :)
xo
You will be so missed, Tessie! Of course it is smartest to make your blog private at this time. I would do the same thing.
I hope you get through it quickly and relatively unscathed and come back sooner than later. Good luck to you!
Mary
Well that sucks. Your writing will be sorely, sorely missed. Best of luck with all the crappy stuff ahead. I'll be thinking about you.
I'll miss you! Take care of yourself, and I know we'll all still be here when you're ready to come back.
I miss your writing, but I absolutely understand. I think of you and your family often and hope you all make it through this journey just they way you and only you guys are supposed to.
I'll be here when you get back!
Do take care of yourself, Tessie. And be true to yourself.
*hugs*
P.S. You can get through this.
Best of luck!
So sad -- so how will we lurkers know ever know your back?
Anyway, I have enjoyed reading the blog last year or so. Best of luck to you.
BOOO!!!! Sorry to hear that but totally understand! We will miss you!
Sorry about the major suckage in your life right now. We'll be waiting for you when you're able to come back. With cold, frosty drinks, if that helps.
Hugs!
Sucks! Hang in there and I hope things get better sooner rather than later.
I'd totally be watching True Blood if I had HBO but instead, I'll just continue on concentrate and feed my Twilight obsession (yes, I'm 13 again). I seriously have a problem....I bought a t-shirt...and I'm going to wear it like a super-dork on Saturday because it's the official Twilight Day. :)
I'll miss your writing, that's for sure. I hope everything gets easier, better, and less stressful soon.
Poor you. Hope you get out of the weeds soon.
Bye, This Blog. :(
I was JUST thinking about you today and wondering how you were. We'll be here whenever.
Take care of you and AD.
Do what you need to do. We will still be here when you are ready!
Urgh. This sucks, and I miss you, and I wish it didn't have to be that way. I hope things get better soon. You know where to find me if you want to talk.
xoxo
No! Don't go!!!! (picture me clinging on to your ankle as you try to walk away).
I am sure it is all fucked up for you right now. But when things calm down (and they WILL) I hope we will be re-admitted to the hilarity and intellect and cynicism that is your blog!
I hope things get past the Trainwreck section ASAP with as little mutilation as possible. I am crossing my fingers for you and AD! Hang in there. "This too shall pass."
But I just found your blog right before the "big announcement". Waaaaaahhh!
heal yourself and comeback as soon as you can
I was just thinking of you, too, and wondering how you were doing with all this. You will be missed during your blog absence. I will keep you in my reader for the bright, shiny day when you can return.
Take care.
Oh dear. I'm going to miss you like mad, but I totally understand. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself and your little girl. And then let us all know when you come back into public - dude, you're so going to have more than THREE readers. You'll have four, counting me (ha ha ha)!
Take care - and please don't forget to visit The Creamery. I'll see what I can do to write funny entries to encourage a little Tessie commenting love.
just wanted to add to the Tessie love ..
I'm really gonna miss you around here. I hope everything starts looking better soon. If you need to vent or ask divorce-related questions, I'm your gal.
Damn, that sucks.
If you have any questions regarding suck ass divorce or custody questions, give me a shout. My ex and I went through all that BS when my daughter was 20 months old.
Take care.
I totally understand. When you decide to de-privatise (is that a word?) we'll still be here.
Take care, T. Make sure to email us all when you re-debut!
Damn! Your one of my fav bloggers. You make me laugh and bring me out of my depression. You give me a reason to live. What will I do? What will I do? This is terrible!
LOL
I totally understand but will miss reading you. I will be here when you get back. Good luck!
WAAAAAH!! Seriously, that sucks. I will definitely be thinking of you. You know where to find me if you need anything. And I will be right here when you come back.
Man, I'm glad I took the time to read through all the archives when I found your blog a couple months ago... if I'd put it off, I'd totally be regretting it now!
I'm sad that you're going to be gone. I hope things get better soon!
I knew this was coming, but it still blows. I'll miss you on the internets.
So, now I'm going to have to start my own blog that I asked you about a couple of months ago so that you can visit and comment! I have really enjoyed your blog and am completely saddened because I look so forward to your new posts. I had a feeling this was comming though. I wish you all the best. Take care and know that when you do return, we're gona all be here welcoming you back!!
PS which blogs do you read and comment on mostly? Maybe we'll all keep in touch with you through some other bloggers comment section!! Take care of yourself and know you have MANY IBFs ( internet best friends) - yeah, I just made that up :)
Melissa in Maryland
I had been checking everyday to see if you had posted anything new (and was delightfully confronted with "The Lip" every morning) - and I wanted to say that I missed reading your stuff, but I didn't want you to feel like you were being pressured to post by people. But, you will most definitely be missed and I am also sooo glad I've read all of your archives. Take care of yourself, hope you're not gone too long.
The blog world won't be the same without you Tessie! Add me to the list of people who will miss you terribly and will be hoping for a quick return.
It makes sense that you would have to take a break. Take care of yourself. *hugs*
Please don't go, girl. It would ruin my whole world. Tell me you'll stay! Never ever go away. I love you. (I love you!) I guess I always will.
Tessie, be well. Know that you are prayed for and that you're definitely not alone. I know, I KNOW, things are complete shit right now. I often wonder when this crazy shit will all just end. But the sun will come up tomorrow, whether we want it to or not (dammit). But, we can still hate that it does. Right?
Love ya, girl...
*groaning in agony* OH NO! It will be SO SAD without your blog!
Also: WAHHHHHHHHHH!!
We will TOTALLY miss you, but also totally understand. Sweet hugs to you and AD, and see you soon(ish):-)
I am a little bit sadder today.
Sorry about the divorce stuff. Hope you emerge on the other side without too many scars.
Good luck, we'll miss you.
I got fired for my blog and had everyone searching for it, so I know all about making it private. I shut it down and stopped writing for a month because of them.
We'll be here when you get back.
With all the legal shit you must be dealing with right now I so don't blame you. OH OH that last link from Twitter on Food Diaries was really funny - thanks! See? You HAVE to come back at some point, if only for shit like that.
Lots of positive vibes coming your way from over here in the NW!
I also "found" you just before the big announcement...but I completely understand needing some privacy--I would just like to echo everyone else and say that things will get better and I look forward to find you writing again sometime...
Take care!
Man, now I'm really depressed.
Take care of yourself, little lady. Know that we're all waiting patiently for your particular brand of snark.
big hug...
I'll miss your writing, and hope things get better for you soon. We'll be waiting!! Good luck.
I will certainly miss your humor and delightful posts! You've been on my daily blog run since the day I found you! I have been thinking about you and been worried too due to the lack of entries. You will be missed but I do look forward to your return!
As a fellow Texan (tee hee), if there is anything you need you just let me know. I have a great big shoulder!
So sad! You will be missed. Take care and I know things will start to get better for you and AD. I have enjoyed your blog tremendously. Get back soon!
I want to add to the "we'll miss you" sentiments. And I hope things go alright for you with everything. Hopefully you'll let us know if/when you are writing publicly again, because I'll definitely be back!
God. How dare you disturb my BLOG READING with your damn divorce? Jesus.
Um, I don't comment much, so you may recognize that as a joke. A joke, yes? Funny, ha ha?
Ahem. Be well. We'll catch you on the other, non-lawyerly side.
Tessie,
Keep your chin up. We'll all be here waiting for your return...hopefully sooner than later.
~S
Best of luck, Tessie. You'll definitely be missed. Here's to your return.
Take your time, blog-land will be here when you get back... it will just have a noticeable dearth of good-humored profanity without you.
Good luck!
I have been there.
I'll be here when you get back.
Who gets invited to your private blog?
*hugs*
Oh, I hope the messiness and drama is over for you asap and you can get on with your new normal. Best to you and AD, and hope to hear from Texas soon.
That blows chunks. But totally understandable.
I'll check back.
But I just started reading your blog and you are so funny and great!
Anyway, totally understand. You gotta do what you gotta do. Just know that the internet loves you and will be here for you when you return. K?
Aww, Tess, I'm sorry things are shitty. I'll be here when you come back, and you know how to reach me otherwise, you know, if you want to talk about TV.
xxxooo
Right now I'm breaking into a really off key version of
"the sun will come out - tooomorrow"....we'll miss you Tess, your humor, your logic, your vies on bad tv and CRAP, how will I get through a new season of Dancing with the Stars?
I'm with Swistle...WAHHHHHHH!
As one former divorcee to another almost divorce (ish), take care, we'll all be waiting.
Awww! Good luck with everything! Here's hoping I get to reconnect with you when you come back!
GOOD LUCK!
Lesley
Oh, yeah, and aren't we a selfish lot?
Hugs and all that to you and AD. You need your privacy now and we all understand.
Just recently starting reading and am going to miss you. Hope things work themselves out soon. Take care!!
Hang in there, Tessie, things will get better. I am also a new reader of your blog and just wanted to wish you the best of luck. Can't wait to here from you again in the future.
Keep your head held high and know we will all be here waiting for you when you get back from the trenches. xoxoxo
I have missed you and will continue to miss you - but I completely understand. I know you'll get to the other side and I can't wait to read about it. Best of Luck, Tessie.
Aw, Tessie.
I remember when my very best friend was going through her divorce. It was an awful, awful time. And she had no kids and a basically conflict-free divorce. And it was still hell.
Well. Alrighty then. *gets up and brushes dust off pants, taps you gently on shoulder with fist* Glad we had this little talk.
xoxoxo
Post a Comment