*I bought the Bare Minerals starter kit, but I have not yet bothered to watch the INSTRUCTIONAL DVD that came with it. Yeah. That sounds like something I'll get around to on the 12th of NEVAH.
*I hire someone to mow my lawn, even though I only have grass in the front yard.
*I just had to go back and change the "we"s in that sentence to "I"s. Sigh.
*I am staying in the house. BR has moved to a townhouse a few miles away.
*But I kept the TWO LARGE ROTTWEILERS, so don't get any ideas, stalkers.
*Last night the cable was out in the gym (my home gym)(middle class sob stoooooorry!), so I was forced to watch Step Up while I ran on the treadmill. Yeah, I have it on DVD. Like you don't.

*I think Channing Tatum, the main dude in the movie, looks EXACTLY like one of my college boyfriends.
*I'm thinking No More Hot Guys could be my newest Policy.
*Speaking of college, I had some totally FREAKY exchanges with one of my favorite bloggers yesterday. I met slynnro ON THE INTERNETS when she commented on one of my CBU posts. And yet, turns out? We know all of the same people and ATTENDED THE SAME PARTIES. Like, she was there, and I was there. It's like Sliding Doors, or some shit. Whoa.

39 comments:
i have been using Bare minerals for 2 years - Have NEVER watched instructional video! Uh-oh!
I just assumed that you and Slynn were internet friends because you were old college friends...And, only somewhat related to that - my oldest has added your beloved CBU to his college wish list!
MaryB-Lucky you. Word on the street is that CBU costs about $35K a year these days. So not worth it.
Tessie,
Do you want to add another Rottweiler to your pack? The new one over here SO has some issues - I must post about this one of these days. At the very least some pictures.
Sympathy sigh over here due to the "we" to "I".
Despite my love of All Things Dance, I've never seen Step It Up. I know, I've just lost my right to ever comment on dance for the rest of my life.
Hot Guys are trouble, sister. You'd best remember that.
Oh, but does it help that I own Center Stage? AND that I watched that awful Step It Up And Dance show with Blinkey McSpano from Saved By The Bell?
No? Yes?
Oh that's weird - makes this blog business seem a lot less anonymous, which makes me want to use a pen name and someone else's photo. Can I use your new shoulder one? It's pretty cute.
http://meandyouandellie.blogspot.com/2008/07/lets-get-physical.html
If I had any lawn at all...I would totally hire someone else to cute it. I dont' have Step Up on DVD...but I have about 50 THOUSAND similar type movies on DVD that I always watch when I'm running.
And i meant so say...hire someone else to CUT my lawn...not make it cute.
Ok i give up. Just have fun with the typos.
Moo, Center Stage would normally be my first choice, and in theory I own it, OBV, but I couldn't find it last night! WHAT THE FUCK!
I have not seen that Step It Up and Dance thing. I have seen Step Up 2, though. UM.
You got your fun fact friday mojo back, baby.
I love that last fact and I have considered writing a post about those kind of moments in life...like sliding door moments. I always think about stuff like that.
When I'm far, far away from my computah.
I've been meaning to ask about the dogs, actually, so I'm glad you wrote that.
Also, I have the Bare Minerals starter kit, and I hate to say it, but that DVD is necessary. Those things have an ORDER and it is COMPLICATED. In fact, I think I need to watch the DVD AGAIN.
Ok, this is going to sound desperate but here goes: FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER, PLEASE! (my twitter name is marymatto)
I mean, of course you don't have to... but please, please, please?
Oh god, I'll go die now.
Damn I missed it! I was out pretending to have a life last night.
*pout*
Can I ask what you thought of the bollywood dance that Katee and that dude did the other day? It seemed like bollywood took a bullet train to africa, to me.
I need some rottweilers STAT. Some creepy fucktard kicked in my fence last night.
Mimi, DONE! It's hard with Twitter, because I don't always "recognize" people based on their Twitter username. Mostly because I'm an underthinker and I give it about 2 seconds.
Wait, isn't Bare Minerals make-up? I would totally watch that over a dancing movie. Except maybe Flashdance or Footloose.
On the No Hot Guys policy... GOOD CALL! I'm going to be advising my girls to go for handy around the house and good earning potential over hot.
No More Hot Guys is one of my policies. Same with No More Guys With One Syllable Names. Boys are trouble.
One Syllable Names! That is hilarious. Love to know the backstory there.
No hot guys is easy for LoriD to say, as SHE HAS ONE. :)
The slynnro thing - freaky. And kind of sad to think that you missed out on getting drunk together back then. Though I guess a lot of times you were and just didn't know it.
Hot guys are too much trouble. So are guys with living family members. Family is nothing but trouble.
My next husband will be an ORPHAN.
Oh, and re: the blogging small world. I recently found out a blogger I read lives AROUND THE CORNER FROM ME. Like we shop in the same grocery store and go to the same Boston Market.
She'd never heard the expression "big as a baby's arm holding an apple" before me. SEE how I have enriched her life???
Ditto Fiona, I mean. Have you SEEN LoriD's man? Oh. My.
Also, while I think it is a good policy and one I particularly follow, I am not sure how it will work for you. You are too darn cute! Hot guys like hot girls. Less-than-hot guys will be terrified you are out of their league. How 'about hot NICE guy? Maybe? Do they exist? Let's ask LoriD ;).
Nooooo, I don't want a cookie. Just sayin'.
Small bloggy world! When I met Shauna of P&D it turns out she knows the sisters of one of my best friends. WEIRD.
The transition from "we" to "I" is a hard one. Hang in there.
I WISH we had someone mow our lawn. Scott and I are in some kind of contest to see how long our grass gets and who is the most bothered by it first.
I'm glad you are keeping the dogs, I like the pictures of them, especially pictures with them and AD. Too precious!
I think the perfect guy for you will be hilariously funny like you (looks are unimportant, and laid back (said like Snoop Dogg). Try it, you'll like it.
Make sure they're an orphan from BIRTH. I'm a relatively recent orphan (see how I slide the card RIGHT IN THERE, Tessie?) and my husband would argue that I'm WAY MORE trouble than a wife w/ a family.
Dude, does nobody kick it old school w/ Save the Last Dance? Only me? REALLY?!?!
You HIRE someone to mow your lawn?!?
ARGH, I am jealous at the lost opportunity to mow more lawn!!!
The "we" to "I" is hard. And when you start dating again, it'll be really hard to tell stories that don't include your ex. REALLY HARD.
LOVE Bare Minerals. I've never seen Step It Up, but I own (and still frequently watch) Dirty Dancing and Footloose. I'm old and tired.
I love my Bare Minerals but I went and had a makeover done at the store in the Arlington Parks mall, which is free! The video, how can we say it, SUCKED. You will have to pay attention and make a mental note of what order it goes on, but I will never go back to regular makeup, as you say, EVAH!
BTW - You need a pit bull to add to that dog protection? Or maybe a mutant sized lab?
You probably would have hated me in college anyway. I was NOT AT ALL like I am now until like my junior year, at which point you would have graduated. I was all sorority bitch and whatnot.
Hot Guys are not as bad as Bad Boys. I'd take two Hot Guys over one Bad Boy. My Policy (but I created a codicil to the Policy in 2000)had been to marry an Orphan, preferably one who knew all the words to La Bamba and who could Dance with some flair. (which is not the whole "prom dance" circle thing)
You'll be fine, keep your hands off the Lawn Boy.
I will stretch out my hair appointments and give up trashy magazines, but I will *not* give up my lawn-mowing-guy!
I must be a SKIMMER! I had no idea you had dogs!
I own Step Up, too. LOL. (atleast I have a daughter that I can blame it on) yours isn't old enough, so we know YOU bought it.
She's the Man is also good because he's in it...
I don't know if I've already told you this or not (I drink a lot, bear with me) but Upper Middle Class Sob Story is my new favorite phrase. I used it just today in fact, when my best friend and I were lamenting to each other that we had BOTH tried to get pedicures today and BOTH were shot down cause they had no openings for walk-ins. Such an UMCSS.
Swirl, Tap and Buff - or something. Also, less is more, especially with the Warmth stuff. So there you go - now you don't even need the DVD!
Also, delurking to let you know your blog makes me laugh out loud at work and leads to some very awkward explanations to co-workers - ie: fake Hispanic. I just started my own blog and the first post mentions my blog-inspirations and you are most definitely mentioned!
I registered for a baby wrap that looked simple enough. Did NOT read the reviews/etc. Turns out the thing is just one big piece of material AND has an instructional DVD.
So. . . add that to the list of things I need to do that has not been done.
I haven't seen Step Up yet, I know I'm a slacker, but it is on my list.
We hire someone to mow the lawn too. Matt has terrible allergies and literally gets sick if he does it and I used to feel intense resent and dislike every time I had to do it. Hiring a "lawn boy" was a good move.
Post a Comment