Friday, May 2, 2008

Refresh This Week! REFRESH, I SAY!

Okay, so I am wearing a skirt today, right? Whatever, just play along. Apparently the Extreme Makeover is complete, as I just had the following exchange at the copier (The Tessmeister! Makin' copies!):

Crazy Coworker: Hey Miss Tessie! (GAH! I HATE THIS! What is the DEAL, southerners?)
Tessie: Hi! [subtext: don't call me "Miss Tessie" and also I hate you]
Crazy Coworker: Ooo, I like your skirt! You look like a GROWN-UP!

The End.

22 comments:

Fannie said...

I assume you have "the look"? The one that causes co-workers to back away slowly because they now realize they have seriously pissed you off?

Kat said...

I hate to see what happens the first time you get called "Mam" - yikes!

bananafana said...

this just reminds me that I can't wait to go back to work . . . (sarcasm) also, what are you normally wearing to work? are pants not "grown up"? I would think the skirt would actually make one look younger

Anonymous said...

BWA HA AHAHAHHAH! Making copies!!!!

Anonymous said...

Haaaaaaa. Sorry, can't help but laugh at the "Miss Tessie"! As a native Texan I do it too but I would like to emphasize that I ONLY do it to kids. Like my own daughter - who (whom? GAH) is called Miss T on my blog - and those of my friends. I have to agree that it is most irritating when directed to adults!!

Also, what kind of coworker tells you that you look like a grownup? One that is seriously asking for an ass-kicking, I would think.

email said...

I'm like nonsoccermom, I do it to my kids, but not beyond age 10. Funny, though since Miss Tessa IS one of my kids. And also, what the heck do you wear normally, PJs and pigtails? I know where you're coming from, though, people always look at me funny if I dress up AT ALL. I guess SLOVENLY is what is expected of me. ;)

Christina Schmidt said...

A grown up. OMG that is just priceless. Like 'gee thanks so what are saying I normally look like Cindy from the Brady Bunch or what?!'

Anonymous said...

I, uh, call my assistant Miss Nancy. And I'm from the great white north.

"Miss Nancy" is actually less formal than what I used to call her. I used to call her "Miss [her last name]" because she scared the pants off me and I didn't want to offend her. Only after three years of working together have I managed to work her first name into the mix.

This means I'm a total chicken, right?

Alice said...

HAAAA the tessinator! making co-pies!

also: sigh. i hate those coworkers. i get the "are you old enough to BE at this happy hour *snicker*?"

Anonymous said...

One of my coworkers calls me Miss Shauna, but for some reason it doesn't bother me because she's only 3 years older than me.

Anonymous said...

When I hear about making copies, I automatically think of Joey's porno.

There I am.
There I am.
There I am.

mom of the year said...

I would totally have to be restrained to avoid slapping that bitch in the face.

I APPLAUD YOUR DECORUM!

Crystal Gable said...

I'm glad you stopped wearing your onesie to work. I never thought it was very professional.

Tess said...

Mrs. Blogoway, remember when adult onesies AKA bodysuits WERE all the rage? Oh, please GOD don't let those ever come back in style.

Also: HAHAHAHAHA!

Frank said...

Crazy Coworker: Ooo, I like your skirt! You look like a GROWN-UP!

Awwww That's so cute.

Anonymous said...

I have only had CHILDREN call me as "Miss Libby" because evidently addressing me by just my first name is too forward (and "Miss LastName" is too formal.) So Crazy Coworker was showing you RESPECT...until they didn't when they said you looked grown up. But really they were just behaving like a child.

Anonymous said...

I get called "Miss Jane" all the time by this southern belle type woman at work named Susan. I don't like being called "Miss Jane" because of the unfortunate tie-in to Miss Jane Hathaway on The Beverly Hillbillies. She was a frump and I don't take well to being compared to a frump. Even if I am one. Never mind MY POINT IS..I retaliated by calling her "Susie" which she hates. You'd think she'd stop, but no. So I went further and started calling her Susie Q. Still didn't work. Moved on to Susie Q Biddly Boo. STILL WITH THE "MISS JANE." Moral of story, southern folk gotta have their fucking nicknames. The end.

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I hate when people do that, too, 'Miss' whoever. Also, maybe she doesn't realize what an annoying bitch she seems to be?

Athena said...

Oh my God. Seriously? Kick her ass.

Shelly said...

HAHAHAHAH!!! SNL and bodysuits! You are killing me! And I hate your co-worker for you.

the new girl said...

HA HA!!

The ADULT onsie! I was SO ROCKING those! Holy hell.

That's one of those *compliments* that I always respond to like so:

'Hmm. I really don't know how to take that, [insert name of clueless co-worker].'

LoriD said...

LOL! I MAY have just paid the same compliment to my receptionist. She is a summer student and is wearing office clothes, as opposed to her normal student clothes. Gah! Must now apologize to Miss Student. :-)