*My nickname in high school was "Eunice".
*Most of my friends and family call me "Tess". You can too, if you want.
*I wish I would have thought to call myself "Texxie" before Jane did. That would have been the PERFECT blog pseudonym.
*I read a lot of health kick-y blogs. My favorite one is Mark's Daily Apple.
*I used to work as an auditor for a Big 4 Accounting Firm. I hated it, and I sucked at it. I think it's utterly ridiculous that it's some kind of CPA Status Symbol.
*I think BR would make an excellent auditor for a Big 4 Accounting Firm.
*I sign all of the checks at my company (I KNOW!). Yesterday I signed a check for a million dollars.
*I love salad. I eat some form of salad pretty much every day. My favorite dressing is blue cheese.
*I collect wineglass charms (you know, these). I almost always use one, even if I'm by myself.
*My favorite Tom Cruise movie is Cocktail. What's yours?
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

48 comments:
I refuse to even allow myself to think of Tom Cruise in a positive context at this point.
Aaron has the holy grail of lawyer jobs and he wants to die, so......
Texxie. Heh. Actually, I usually think of this blog as "Messin' with Sasquatch", but that's just me.
I once signed a check for 4 million dollars. It was awse. If only it'd been made out to my maiden name, Cash.
Blue Cheese is my fave, too.
I'm honestly AMAZED that you like something as fussy as wineglass charms. I hate them, they keep me from "accidentally" drinking other people's wine.
My fave Tom Cruise movie is ,Vanilla Sky I have it in my ipod and watch it at work sometimes.
Oooooh I would be so nervous to sign checks for that much money! But I guess when that's your job, it doesn't induce Nervous Tummy.
My favorite Tom Cruise movie is probably Risky Business. Although I haven't seen it for years.
Have you ever eaten a bacon burger with blue cheese dressing? TO DIE FOR. But I guess that's not exactly indulging your love for salad. Could you pretend that the burger is a kind of Meat Salad? Because it's awesome.
I really like Vanilla Sky and I was one of twelve people on earth who enjoyed Eyes Wide Shut - I liked both because the stories were interesting. I thought Jerry Maguire was funny. But if you're asking about Tom Cruise hotness, I must re-live the summer after freshman year of high school (yes, am old) and say Top Gun.
I LOVE burgers (or fries, or anything else) with blue cheese.
Meat Salad! Hee!
A $1 million check? That is so exciting! Even if it is for something boring like plumbing.
I regularly deal with to accountants who are auditors had big 4 firms. One seems really nice and funny; the other one has no personality.
I think my favorite Tom Cruise movie is The Firm.
My favorite Tom Cruise movie is the one written, directed, and produced by bossy:
http://www.iambossy.com/i_am_bossy/2008/05/for-those-of-yo.html
Stinkin' hilarious.
From another Texxie:
http://meandyouandellie.blogspot.com/2008/05/thirst.html
-R-, no, a meeelion dollar check is boring; YOU BEING PREGNANT, now THAT is exciting! WHEEEEEEE!
Tom Cruise movies, hmm. I think I like Jerry Maguire the best although it is kinda cheesy. I always cry at the "you complete me" part. LAME.
Did anyone else watch that 25 Years of Tom Cruise Oprah special? They interviewed Renee Zellweger, and I got the distinct impression that she was, uh, NOT A FAN of Tom Cruise. It was, like, PAINFUL.
bahhahahah, Ellie, thank you. I was trying for a favorite Tom Cruise movie and you just gave me one.
I know..... I KNOW.. God that man is creepy.
Why Eunice? Is there a story behind that?
Tom Cruise movie? He annoys me so much now, but of the ones I've seen... um, probably Vanilla Sky. Though I did really enjoy Cocktail and I also liked the first Mission Impossible movie (I haven't seen the others).
Yeah, I'm gonna second Top Gun as best Tom Cruise movie. And congrats to R!
There's not a GOOD story behind Eunice. My friends used to think it was funny to nickname each other old lady names.
One guy in our group got saddled with "Maragaret Johnson".
Top Gun (but it took me awhile, because I was like, "Really? Tom Cruise? Movies I LIKE? Duurrrrrrr....")
I pretty much never eat salads unless it's a Cobb salad, with, you know, BACON and Western dressing.
I did see that Oprah, and I've always liked Tom Cruise, and I did think Renee's little pep talk was VERY FORCED. But the rest were cute and touching. I saw both interviews with him (the one in Colorado too) and I found it frustrating how VAGUE and ABSTRACT he was about so many things. I just wanted to know MORE and not the "careful" answers. I mean, I understand he has to be careful (as do most celebs) but still.
I loved Rainman, and Top Gun, and Jerry McGuire, and Coctail... I'm not sure which is my favorite.
I agree that TC is mental, but THE MOVIES are still good! COME ON!
A Few Good Men! Risky Business! The Color of Money! Born on the Fourth of July!
How funny- Hub used to call me Eunice when we were dating because I would complain that there was no nickname for Sara. He introduced me to friends a few times as his girlfriend, Eunice Boogles, which was hysterical when we were teenagers. As I type it now, not so much.
I also LOVE bleu cheese dressing but can not stand crumbled bleu cheese. It makes me want to hork.
Favorite TC movie?? Jerry Maguire for sure. Or what about Far and Away? That was a good one.
Oooo, Far and Away! LOVED THAT ONE!
"Kill him, Joseph!"
Far and Away! Yes, thank you, I could not think of the name of the movie (and also whether that was TC or Brad Pitt). We watched it in 10th grade. Our parents had to sign a waiver.
I think most status symbol jobs are overrated. If you are at the top there is no one to whom you can pass the buck!
In middle or high school (can't remember) my best friend and I were Gertrude and Ethel (I think I was Ethel) because we were going to be best friends even when we were old ladies. We quit being friends in high school and lost touch.
And I think Texxie is cute, but still it makes me think of a porn star name for some reason. I think maybe the two x's in a row. (I could now backpedal and say how I really don't watch porn to know porn names, and keep trying to redeem myself since I'm not guilty of watching it, in turn making myself look guiltier, even though I'm not...but I won't do that!):) Have a good weekend.
Favorite Tom Cruise movie that my husband mocks me for on a REGULAR BASIS: Legend. I love that damn movie and I don't care who knows.
I guess Far and Away, but man, I just can't look at him anymore.
I love salad, but I hate making it. After H. was born, many of the people who brought us dinner made salads. Mmm.
Thanks for the link the Daily Apple blog. I'd love - LOVE - for you to share your "health kick-y" blogroll.
Hmmm...Tom Cruise seriously gives me the shivers anymore. I used to love him in Top Gun (how original), but now "that kiss" just grosses me out. Get away, Scary Scientology Man.
Maybe I'll be more in the mood for him as that asshat senator in that one movie that just came out? Lions and Lambs or something? Geez - I am so WITH IT.
Although I have been off of Tom Crusie since he went psycho I love Vanilla Sky.
I sign all the checks for our house - the biggest one today was for $198 - what a life:)
P.S. No disrespect to Scientologists. Well, maybe the CRAZY ones.
I'm an old school Top Gun fan. He is awesome in that movie. So very cute.
*sigh* It's a shame when perfectly nice good looking guys go bat shit crazy like that.
I love Rainman of all the Tom Cruise movies, but I also like Vanilla Sky and Cocktail.
I LOVE blue cheese dressing. I sign all the checks here too... well, I'm one two signatures, but mine is required. Sometimes I get to sign and present a big check (as in 4ft x 2ft), which is fun.
We have a big 4 firm do our audit. We usually get one "real" accountant working with a team of learning accontants, which is annoying, but less expensive!
I love the name Tess - it was one of the names I wanted for hypothetical future children, then my cousin named her daughter Tessa, so that was that.
I'm going to have to say Rain Man on the movies. in our office I get to do the deposits as well and I think it's more fun to drive to the bank with a multi-million dollar deposit and pretend it is my own for 15 minutes.
Second me on the health-kicky blogroll. I am still considering and s-l-o-w-l-y getting a health-kickish blog going. I've started...
ANYWAY.
A Few Good Men. Jack Nich was the one to watch, though.
TC is a bone-head and 'The 25 years of Tom' with Oprah should have been called 'Trying to RENEW my media IMAGE' by Tom Cruise.
Top Gun. No doubt about it. That is my go to movie when I don't have anything else to watch.
I NEVER would have tagged you as a wine charm kind of girl! Or a "Cocktail" girl, although now that I think back that was a pretty great flick. Myself--I'm partial to The Outsiders.
I was struggling to get past the "ew" factor on Tom Cruise and think of movies I like that he happens to be in. After going to imdb, I realized I enjoyed quite a few TC movies: Minority Report, A Few Good Men, War of the Worlds, Collateral. Unfortunately, I liked those movies mainly in spite of him. He gives me the willies.
I still love the 1st Mission: Impossible movie. Lame, I know, but I was young and boy crazy when it came out, and even though under normal circumstances I don't think Tom Cruise is good looking, Ethan Hunt = HOT.
Top Gun - the volleyball scene has been rewound by my girlfriend and myself many time. A Few Good Men would probably be a close second. Oh and Risky Business.
Blue cheese -ick. The only time I like blue cheese dressing is with wings or to dip my french fries in. (Neither allows any actual fungus-y blue cheese to enter my mouth.) I make my own salad dressing because I guess that is one of my fussy things.
I KNEW you were a good girl.. blue cheese is my absolute fave. Ina Garten has a really good recipe, by the way, if you ever want to make your own.
For a Tom Cruise movie, I would probably pick Jerry McGuire but I have to admit that I loved Vanilla Sky (it was so different).
The first Mission Impossible movie. Made me want to travel.
1) I love bleu cheese dressing.
2) "Texxie" looks kind of...porny.
3) Tom Cruise? Never heard of him.
My favorite Tom Cruise movie is the one where he's interviewed by Matt Lauer and makes a COMPLETE ASS of himself.
Me and salad have never liked each other much. Sorry salad.
You sign checks?! That's SO AWESOME.
For as much time and effort I put into working out & trying to eat healthy (okay, that's a DAMN LIE), I spend NO TIME reading about fitness or nutrition. Wierd, actually. I've never thought about it.
I love your Friday fun facts.
Tom Cruise movies?
Interview with a Vampire
Top Gun
Rainman
A Few Good Men
Jerry Maguire
Born on the Fourth of July
He is wacko, and all his batshit crazy antics make him a joke, but the boy could act back in the day!
He can still act. He thinks people believe he is straight lol. And MOST do.
I agree though, I generally enjoy his movies. If only he didnt give me nightmares and make me think he may be a serial killer.
I know.... I KNOW I KNOW!!!!! Followed by maniacal laughter...
My favorite Tom Cruise movie is Rainman, back when he used to be cool.
Love blue cheese dressing!
Anne
hmmmm....there seems to be a blue cheese vein running through these comments. har har
Definitely has to be Cocktail! I can't even stand to watch him being interviewed anymore because he is such a caricature of himself. Why doesn't he pay someone to tell him how he really comes across?!?
Whimsy: Is that "Legend" movie one where Tom is very young, and cavorting with satyrs, unicorns and faeries? I swear I saw it years ago and when I described it to friends they said I made it up. Doubtful Cruise would cop to it now. Even though the faerie part is apropo (just sayin').
Blythe, I am so with you on "Eyes Wide Shut". I loved that one the most also. Bonus points for the creepy music score.
And Tessie, I love bleu cheese dressing but gag myself on the crumbles. LOVE the crumbles if they are mixed in with the dressing. But just crumbled on the salad? Ack. Gacky. Just plain awfully wrong and puts a horrid taste in my mouth.
The Bleu dosnt blow (aside for the dry chunks) in a lot of things.
I agree, nothin like a bleu burger and fries dippin. ( I too like meat salad apparently )
Yack, I think Eyes Wide Shut was when he started giving me night terrors.
My favourite Tom Cruise movie is Top Gun, then Mission Impossible.
I like Top Gun and Jerry Maguire. I don't know why I felt like I NEEDED to answer that question three days after you posted it, but there you go.
Post a Comment