*So, it's a new year! I usually get giddy about blog-reading this time of year, because I love hearing about all of your health kicks. Unfortunately, it seems that many of you feel that the old "get healthy" resolution is TIRED and LAME. I disagree! *POUT* I am going to be sad indeed if I don't start reading some hilarious antics re: your new exercise regimens and inadvisable diets and what-not. At the very least, tell me that you're watching The Biggest Loser.
*I have to register another complaint, this one regarding the end-of-year meme that Sundry initiated. I actually like this meme (I do!) and my beef is not that SO MANY people have done it, but rather that everyone seems so HIGH ON LIFE. I swear to god, I've read about 20 of these things (so far, I'm not yet through the Reader) and NOT ONE person has said they are SADDER than this time last year. What is the deal? Are you all on prescription mood enhancers? I'm just getting over my Fake-Happy Christmas Letter hangover, I can't deal with all of you Pollyannas right now! It is getting to the point where I am thinking to myself in an unbecoming manner, "Oh, look, another person who is HAPPIER and RICHER! Well, good for you!" BAH. It's not you, it's me, okay? OBVIOUSLY.
*AD is into the Old McDonald thing these days (although you are NOT ALLOWED to sing the E-I-E-I-O part, that is HER JOB), and this has caused a Friendly Disagreement (*LIE*) between BR and me. His position is that the chicken says "cluck", whereas mine is that the chicken says "bok". In this case, it seems clear (TO ME) that the chicken clucks, but does not say "cluck". Sort of like how the dog barks, but doesn't say "bark" (he says "ruff"). Tell me I'm wrong here (*LIE*) !
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

27 comments:
We do the Old McDonald bit, but she stops at "on that farm he had a..." and expects us to provide the animal. The problem is that she has a particular animal in mind, and we have to keep trying until we get it right. It can get pretty funny when we get further down the list of possible animals.
I am pregnant and while I did not mention it I am planning (goal setting) to run the entire pregnancy... okay really just sad kick stepping jog type walk but you get the idea!) I did not write it down and mostly just kept it in my head. I am however watching Biggest Loser because COME ON how can you miss it?!
Also, I agree - bok bok here and a bok bok there. Score one for you!! ;)
I am one of those "happier and richer" people but man if you "knew" me when I was depressed and poorer you would so kick me to the curb as far as being a blog friend!!
WTOW-I'm glad for each INDIVIDUAL who is happier and richer, it's just the SUM TOTAL of EVERYONE being happier and richer that is getting on my nerves. I mean, EVER SINGLE PERSON.
I AM happier this year than I was last year, but I saw a couple of those memes where the people said they were sadder. They all had good reasons, like family members dying and awful breakups. It's depressing, let me tell you.
Anyway, I totally JUST posted on my blog about my goals for my health this year, so not everybody thinks that health resolutions are passe. However, I'm pretty sure my health plan doesn't involve insane exercise plans or ill-advised diets, so I might be disappointing on the upcoming health posts. Sorry!
Heh! I didn't do Sundry's meme because everyone's has some huge accomplishments to list like buying a house. What's mine? I kept my little tax deduction alive one more year? I failed part one of EA exam? I flaked on going to the gym and I'm fat as ever?
So yeah, I guess you would have liked my meme. At least it was different. But I still think I would have said "happier"
I've never thought of Old McDonald your way. I believe I say "cluck", but you're right, it is "bok". Not a huge issue here, because the only allowable animals are "Duck" and "Pig"
Mine is a miserable mess. I guess you haven't gotten to it yet. On the positive side, it's sure to bring you down off of that "everyone's happy" high. ;)
If it makes you feel any better, I'm only slightly happier. Actually, to be honest, i feel like it was a "blah" kind of year. Then I worry because I am NOT asking for drama. Universe, can you hear me? No drama=Good!
Anyway, the dog says "woof" not "ruff." Sorry to burst your bubble.
Also, i read "skinny bitch" in which all dairy is evil so I'm going to soy (I'm on day one, so who knows if it will actually last).
Why are you even putting a chicken on Old McDonald's farm? This is 2008! Mix it up a little, people!
I always sing OMF with crazy animals or even non-animals. "...and on that farm he had a FISH, E I E I O. With a *fish lips* here and a *fish lips* there..." Or a car that goes vroom. Or a tree that goes *standing stock still with arms in air*.
Keep it fresh!
TLA-Good point, maybe there is some adverse selection happening here and only the people who ARE happier and richer and thinner feel like doing the meme.
No crazy dieting antics here, but you can bet that every Tuesday night my ass will be plopped in front of the TV watching Biggest Loser and eating mini candy bars.
Also, I made those Snickers Surprises that you posted about ages ago. SO FREAKING GOOD.
Totally bok.
My fitness goal is to have my doctor allow me to get my ass off the couch finally. How is that for ambitious?
It's totally bok bok here and a bok bok there. DUH!!
Does AD have the fridge thing that sings old McDonald? You can put the animal magnets in it and it sings. VERY annoying, but my kids love it.
I didn't do the meme, and I am so not high on life right now. I'm sappy and weepy if anything which is stoooopid and lame.
i toootally am to blame with the meme. i'm really happy RIGHT THIS MINUTE, which means i can't actually remember all the crappy parts of last year (i'm ADD that way) so since i'm happy right now, i'm all WOO EVERYTHING HAS ALWAYS BEEN TOTALLY AWESOME FOR REALS YO.
i'm not sure that helps. sorry.
If it helps, I am by far SADDER this year than the same time last year - I just didn't do the meme, because examing my life too closely is something I aim to avoid.
And, as far as clucking V bocking, you're right - the chicken clucks, but does not actually say 'cluck cluck'. It seems obvious to me too. And the fact that you and he are debating about this...well, that's just damn good entertainment!
They're all happier, richer, AND THINNER, except the ones who are pregnant. No wonder no one is doing any fun health kicks.
Chickens say "bok bok bok." You are right: "cluck" is the name of the "bok bok bok" sound.
I'm usually good for some fitness suffering, but I have to work my way through all the Christmas sweets first.
Not to overanalyze here, but the animal sounds in OMHF are based on whether you do sounds or words. I do words when I am not inclined to be all...peppy and shit with the "meeeeeeow meeeeeow" and pig noises and all that crap, so in those cases the chix cluck. When I'm playing good mommy they "bok" but it's a sound, not a word. And in that case the dog "ruffffs," but in the other case it says "arf." And I may not be sadder this year(actually I totally am) but I am DAMN SURE CRAZIER IF THAT PREVIOUS RAMBLING IS ANY INDICATION.
Jane-Yes, that is the question I would like to see added for next year. Are you d) MORE or LESS mental than this time last year? WHAT IS THE TRUE COST OF ALL THIS HAPPINESS AND RICHNESS AND THINNESS?
Really? I think I read half a dozen of those meme's in which people are all, "depressing year. start again." Although they did manage to find some happy things to say as well.
Also, E-I-E-I-O sounds super, super cute.
My exercise plan has existed of zero exercise at this point, so maybe nothing to report yet.
Let me get this straight. It would make you HAPPY if other people were UNHAPPY. Hmmm... This calls for some serious psychotherapy. ;)
Let's try this:
If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands - [silence]
If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands - [silence]
If you're happy and you know it, and you really want to show it, if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands - [silence]
Happy now?
Will it make you feel better if I told you that I watched The Biggest Loser and decided that I am not so fat afterall and therefore I am going to chuck (not cluck) the new year's resolution to lose weight?
It sucks being right about everything all the time, doesn't it? lol
Kat
It's definitely bok! Or maybe baak for BR :o)
JMC-I know, it really SEEMS like that is what I'm saying, doesn't it? I think it's more that it seems statistically unlikely that EVERY SINGLE BLOGGER I read is happier this year than last, and so I am inclined to think that there are some HAPPINESS EXAGGERATORS out there.
All those happy bloggers are liars.
Heh.
And chickens say "bok, bok." I think the comedian Brian Regan did a bit on that (about the dogs going "bark" and "arf" and "ruff").
And I'm trying to eat healthier, only I just had a mini-bag of Cheetos. But I haven't had any Mt. Dew today so I am TOTALLY winning this war.
Oh, I see. I guess we won't have to tell Dr. Phil to head back to Texas to shrink Tessie, then. ;)
In regards to health kicks, I WANT to have one theoretically, but I'm having a little trouble getting started, what with all these DAMN cookies still in the freezer and all the CRAP sitting on my treadmill.
And chickens totally cluck, but the sound they actually MAKE is bok. Or bwok, or bwawk.
Gerald and I have that same argument about ducklings. I say all ducks say "quack quack," but he says baby ducks say "peep." WTFever. Like Maddie knows a baby duck from a grown duck. Just fucking quack already!
And listen, this time last year, I had been out of work on bedrest for 5 months. If I wasn't happier or richer than last year, I'd shoot myself.
ooh, so not wrong. It's BOK. DUH!
I am happier. Sue me. But tomorrow I will be detailing the Woe That Is My Giant Ass. Oh yes. I wouldn't exactly call it a "health kick" but it will have to do.
Me! Over here! I'm sadder! Also, more irritable! And soon to be poorer if not actually poorer right this second! And I'm less motivated than last year, if possible, which means cool meme = meh. too much work.
Post a Comment