You are all very nice to say that I looked just fine in
yesterday's pictures. Some of you implied that I am too hard on myself and that's sort of the thing...I'm NOT HARD ON MYSELF AT ALL. At least not when it comes to my appearance. This is what causes the grooming issues to begin with! I sort of tend to lean the
opposite way. For whatever reason, I almost always think that I look Fine or even Good. Even if I just rolled out of bed. Even when Good is a gross exaggeration, if not downright FALSE. So I just go about my business until I see a photo of myself and then I am like OH DEAR.
I am most emphatically NOT one of those assholes who goes around calling myself ugly and fat and daring someone to tell me I'm wrong. I hope I didn't give off that vibe yesterday. BLECH! I am mostly deformed
mentally and
emotionally, not
physically, let's just be clear on that.
In fact, to cleanse our palates, here is a picture of AD and me that I really DO like:

Fun Fact: AD weighs 4 lbs, 11 oz, in this picture, which was her low weight before she regained her birthweight (I had her at 35.5 weeks).
26 comments:
I never take your joking about yourself as some form of ridicule toward yourself - I usually take it as you are kidding around - such as if you cannot laugh at yourself, who the heck can you laugh at?!?!
Plus I also joke about myself like this... I think 'wow I look okay' and then 'CRAP I looked like that all day' when I see a photo. Not that I necessary want someone to be all 'WOW you look great' because lord knows I KNOW that I did not wash my hair or shave my legs that particular day and whoa did I really walk out the door like that?!??!
It didn't sound to me at all like you were trying to disparage yourself. You were just being mocking in what actually sounds like a confident (but not arrogant) way. Also, that picture is gorgeous, and she is just tiny.
She's so tiny! Luke was more than twice that at birth (9lbs 10oz), but then I had him at 37 weeks, so he had that extra 10 days!
I didn't think you were fishing for compliments yesterday. It was funny!
I thought it was funny, too. And I do the same thing. Because my office is business professional dress and I have to do the Hair/Makeup/Nice Clothes thing five days a week, on the weekends I *will not* style my hair or wear makeup. The few times I've had pictures taken on the weekend, I've been all, "Oh, I have *got* to stop doing that!" But I really won't.
Damn, forgot to say: That is a gorgeous picture of you and AD. She's such a little cutie!
Sweet picture - AND HOLY TINY LITTLE GIRL!!!!
I'm also of the school of thought that you have to laugh at yourself. It's the only thing that helps us to stay grounded in all of our fabulousness.
That picture is fantastic!
I ride that slippery slope betwen casual and frumpy every day.
I'm the same, like I think nothing of going to the grocery store in my pj's with no bra on.
Very cute pic! My kids were more than twice her size at birth!
So tiny and cute!
the baby, not you. Not that you aren't tiny and cute, but you know what I mean, right? oh god.
So sweet and cute and we can't even see that your legs probably aren't shaved in this one either.
CBHM-Ha! I can pretty much guarantee that they weren't.
Meh--you look kinda grubby. KIDDING!
Also: You owe us more birth story.
I have that same cup.
Also, your daughter? She is very small and cute. Too bad they don't stay that way. Small, I mean. She's still cute.
Erica-Did you steal it from the hospital when Maddie was born like I did?
Yes, yes I did. Two of them, as a matter of fact. For $14k, the least they could do is give me some cups.
So tiny! And adorable.
How often do you wear your glasses? Do you have contacts? How do you feel about getting LASIK? Can you get it and then report back to me?
I am obsessed with knowing other people's eye woes.
(I like your glasses, btw.)
You are not a fisherman, er fisherwoman. I just will continue to believe that you are, in fact, the perfect mom. Take that!
Oh, so tiny! It is amazing that little bundle has grown up to be that smiling little devil!
It is a sad day here when I have to wear matching clothing with socks AND shoes. I know exactly where you are coming from.
Same. We're the same. You verbalized it so well too. I'm always surprised if someone tells me I look tired.
Little one is beautiful. So tiny and beautiful.
JAmie
Awww, that picture is adorable.
Cute pictures all around, I think. Do you have your birth story somewhere on here? O please share, if you haven't. Birth at 35 weeks sounds like it'll be a page-turner.
Just wanted to say "hi".
I stumbled onto your blog recently. I am new to the 'blogging world' and read that no one likes a lurker. I don't want to be that girl everyone is talking about so here I am, delurking, telling the world 'I WUZ HERE'. Really enjoy your blog :)
Melissa
P&D-I wear my glasses pretty much all the time. I do have contacts, but I rarely wear them anymore. I am DEFINITELY interested in LASIK and I plan to get it as soon as I grow both the balls and the money. My eyesight is terrible and I'm totally immobilized if I have to take off my glasses for any reason.
Penny-I did tell a brief version in a Q&A entry I did a month or so ago. I'll link to it again if I do another entry on it (there's not much more to tell)
Melissa-WELCOME! I was a lurker for a long time too so no worries. Thanks for commenting.
Oh, I had to delurk (I'm PRETTY sure I haven't commented here yet) to admire your baby! My Addy's low weight was four pounds fourteen ounces- she was born at five three- and that picture made me gasp at the similarities. I miss my tiny baby! She's a giant toddler now, and her little brother, now two months, is already as big as she was at six months! No tiny baby, that boy!
Post a Comment