I loved the post that Jess did last week for her Tuesday Retrospective feature. Is there anything better than a good Blast From the Past, particularly if it's completely mortifying? No. No, there is not.
You may be asking yourself, "Self, I wonder if Tessie has any stories which showcase her stunning incompetence in a variety of situations?". The answer, of course, is certainly not. I have things well in hand, as always.
Okay, that was a particularly egregious lie (You: NO SHIT?) Actually, I have so many Unfortunate Instances that I am generously allowing you to Choose Your Own Adventure! Would you like to hear about:
1) My very first seventh grade dance, complete with popular Tunes of the Day?
2) The time I drove on a donut spare tire for THREE WEEKS in college, and what I had to do to get it changed?
3) This one time when I attended a Halloween Frat Party (SEASONAL! With bonus drunken shenanigans!)?
What'll it be? Awkward, Poor Decisionmaking I, or Poor Decisionmaking II?
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

26 comments:
do we really have to PICK?
Oooh... too hard to pick. I say one post on each. A serious of unfortunate events, of sorts.
Yay! Yay! I'm so excited about this! I agree with Lori that we should get to hear about all of them, but I am especially eager to hear about number two. Something about the way you said "what I had to do to get it changed" makes me very curious.
A Series of Unfortunate Events! HAHAHA! I love it and will immediately be stealing that title.
I think we all know that given enough workdays these will all come to the surface, BUT ONLY IF I READ SOME OF YOUR STORIES FIRST.
I vote for the Halloween Story since it is October.
A "Series" would be much better than a "Serious". Man, I need to read what I post before I hit that publish button. :-)
Another Halloween vote, here, too.
Yeah, there was no (D) ALL of the above option so I formally add the (D) to this post!! ;)
HOWEVER, if I had to really "twist my arm" vote, I would vote for the drunken Halloween party one because OMG who amongst us does not have an embarrassing story that involves one or the other or both parts of that scenario together.
All 3! All 3!
Was there really a question? Now you MUST tell all three stories. Otherwise we will be forced to imagine the outcome of the other two scenarios.
I am curious about all of them, but mostly the frat party, because you better deliver after I admitted my propensity for the drunken idiocy. I need to know it can happen to other respectable people!
I vote for the Halloween frat party. I have a few of those stories myself! =)
I'm alone in my vote for the seventh grade dance, it seems. I'm ok with that, as I know you'll tell us all three and many more at some point : )
I vote for all.
I nominate the tire story!
My vote is for whichever entry can provide us with the most embarrassing pictures.
All of them!!!
Wait, are you talking about the party that I went with you?
C-Dude, I was GOING to leave you out of it! But YES. I will choose an appropriate pseudonym. Like DARLA.
I, too, want them ALL!
I vote for the tire story, only because I have done this too, and it's always good to have company.
I vote for all three! A series of unfortunate events is hilarious! I may steal this theme for my own blog, as I have many of these moments in my own past.
HA! I was going to say the tire story because I, too, have done this. On SEVERAL occasions (cue father rolling over several times in grave). However, now that I think about it, I *may* have done all of those things, so any or all would be great.
Shelly-YES! DO IT! That is what I'm getting at here! Do not allow me to overshare alone!
All 3!
Oh! So hard to choose! How about we start with the Halloween story, and then you can surprise us with the others down the road?
Hm. All three, OBVI. But maybe you could do the Halloween one on Halloween, for a seasonally-appropriate flair. And you could do the tire one first because I don't know what to do if a tire goes flat, so it would be a PUBLIC SERVICE.
Alright, I will. I'll think on it tonight and start posting tomorrow or Thursday. : )
Post a Comment