Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Results Not Typical

Well, you are all a bunch of healthy-eating mofos. I hope I didn't in any way imply that I am some kind of virtuous eater. Because that would be funny and also...horribly, horribly misleading, if not DEAD WRONG. A short list of Unfortunate Food Choices that I make on a regular basis:
  • I drink pickle and olive juice. I can eat a whole jar of pickles in one sitting, no problem
  • My favorite food is Totinos Party Pizza (Hamburger)
  • I also love snapping into the occasional Slim Jim
  • We order a Pepperoni Lovers Stuffed Crust Pizza about once a week
  • I drink about 4 cups of coffee a day
  • I drink pop too!
  • And beer!
  • God, there are SO many more. They are popping into my head like little gophers now. I will spare you.

Which leads me to our next order of business: delicious snacks (sorry, health-kickers):

CHEESEBURGER DIP

½ lb. ground beef
1 lb. Velveeta, cubed
2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
2 Tbsp. ketchup
Chopped dill pickles
Chopped onions
Chopped tomatoes

Brown meat in a skillet; drain. Reduce heat to low or put meat in a crockpot. Add cheese, mustard, ketchup and pickles/onions/tomatoes. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve with french fries or chips (I'd do the fries if I were you).

*****

GARLIC PATE

2 whole heads (not cloves) garlic
1 lb. Block mozzarella cheese
2-3 Tbsp. olive oil

Wrap each whole garlic (paper and all) in double sheets of aluminum foil and roast at 300 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool. Squeeze out each individual clove of garlic and puree in a food processor until creamy. Cut room temperature mozzarella into small squares and add to processor a couple at a time. Add oil as mixture become too thick to process. When all ingredients are incorporated, puree mixture until smooth. Serve with crackers or thin sliced toasted French bread.

What, fries dipped in Velveeta and 1-lb blocks of cheese aren't part of your healthy diet? Yeah, me neither *looks appropriately shameful*. I was actually just kidding about this entire entry (no, I wasn't) (also not kidding about the fries with the cheeseburger dip)(I like crinkle cut-holds more dip).

16 comments:

bananafana said...

ummmmm garlic. I need to eat breakfast or I'll be dreaming about this all morning

stephanie said...

My two favorite food groups in one post: garlic and velveeta.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I used to drink pickle and olive juice when I was a kid. So delicious! I have not even thought about that until now...maybe I need a trip to the grocery store soon.

LoriD said...

Mmmm. That garlic pate sounds really good. Garlic is good for your health, as is the calcium in the cheese. Nothing wrong with that!

bananafana said...

I know I know I was just here but I can't stop thinking about the recipes! the velveeta! would you say that cheeseburger dip qualifies as dinner? screw eating healthy - that sounds like something I actually wouldn't mind putting in a little effort to make (AND it only takes a little!)
I would say stop making the pregnant lady hungry but don't! i love the recipes! and you said I'd be sorry for asking for them before . . . bring it on!

Jess said...

I can't even look at your recipes! This is just mean. I literally have to skip over them so that I won't be bitter while I'm eating my whole wheat pasta with mushroom sauce for lunch.

Also, I can think of worse things than pickles to eat an entire jar of, health-wise.

Tess said...

Penny-Yes, but did you also use pickle juice AS A MIXER WITH CHEAP VODKA in your youth? Yeah, me neither (it totally works like a charm).

Flibberty said...

You have just given me a solution to my dilema of spending a weekend alone. Not anymore! I'll have velveeta to keep me warm!

Christina Schmidt said...

We make the cheese burger dippy thing with ground turkey in the crock and nacho chips... NEVER thought of fries... Yummmy!

I am dip gal. There can never be enough dipping foods!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can feel my arteries clogging up just from reading those recipes.

Shelly said...

Totino's party pizza!!!!! My very, very favorite. I prefer the combination (hamburger *and* pepperoni) - now that's living large.

artemisia said...

Oh, I always have a soft spot for cheese. The garlic pate sounds AMAZING. I must make this - tonight!

The cheeseburger dip sounds like a more interesting variation of the "burger dip" we have at the ladies card night. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

You can come eat at my house any day. We just are not, um, very healthy. Don't get me wrong, I WANT to be more healthy but that requires effort. & I am lazy.

Anonymous said...

Cheeseburger FF dip? Yes please. I assume you withheld this because you are saving it for the next family recipe book - I think it's your turn.

mamashine said...

That cheeseburger dip sounds so fabulous. I may have to make some this weekend. And get Fritos AND fries, just to weigh my options.

Anonymous said...

You're from the midwest huh? Pop. When I was living in Chicago I loved when people said pop instead of soda. It just makes it sound that much more delicious.