Thursday, September 27, 2007

And, FURTHERMORE...

I am really pushing my luck on the posting this week. And yet, here I am. AGAIN. With a meme, no less! Would you like to know more about me? TOO EFFING BAD! LAST FREE EXIT!

4 jobs I’ve had:

Newspaper carrier
Barn painter
Corporate restaurant trainer (training employees of new restaurants before they open)
Graduate teaching assistant for Entrepreneurial Finance class ( I SUCK as a teacher)

4 Movies I can watch over and over:

Tommy Boy
The Breakfast Club
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
Indian Summer

4 TV shows I like to watch (4!!! HAHAHAHA!):

The Office
Scrubs
The Daily Show
Lost

4 places I have been on vacation:

Puerto Rico
The Bahamas
US Virgin Islands
New York City

4 favorite foods:

Totinos Party Pizza (Hamburger)
Lasagna
Pickled herring
Chili-cheese dogs

4 websites I visit daily:

Google Homepage/Google Reader
Television Without Pity
CNN or some other news site
Amazon.com (constant book wishlist maintenance)

4 places I’d rather be:

On my couch
George’s (holding frosty Big O)
On a cruise ship
In Minnesota

Thanks Artemisia, my aebleskiver-loving friend!

16 comments:

Jess said...

You didn't tag anyone! Thus ending the meme. On the other hand, almost everyone I read seems to have done this one by now, so there probably weren't too many options left anyway.

Also: Barn painter? Really? I'd like some more details, please.

Tess said...

I know, that's the main reason. Most everyone I can think of has done this one already. Also: Lazy and can't rememeber who has/hasn't.

The barn painting thing was fun because I did it with 3 guys I went to high school with. It was over the summer my freshman year of high school. We had an electric sprayer and a pressure washer and one of use would pressure wash the old paint off, one of us would spray the new paint on, one would brush it in, and the other one would do trim or watch the time to make sure we made it to the liquor store before close.

Tess said...

I meant freshman year of COLLEGE.

artemisia said...

Oh, the Daily Show. I heart Jon Stewart.

Pickled herring, really? *shudder*

Anonymous said...

Okay all that is good and stuff except for this: pickled herring. What's up with that?!? That's like, a fish, right? That is soaked in some nasty brine for long periods of time? Like, ew. How does one aquire the taste of pickled herring anyway?

Jess said...

People, isn't Tessie the one who DRINKS PICKLE JUICE out of the jar? Is it REALLY surprising that she likes pickled herring?

Tess said...

On the pickled herring. I love anything pickled, and I also love fish. It's also sort of a Scandanavian thing, not to common, in say TEXAS for example.

We used to always have it at my grandparents house. Also, KIPPER SNACKS (pickled/salted sardines). Yum.

Anonymous said...

Love the first paragraph!

I have to constantly maintain my Amazon list, too. Not just books but also chocolate-covered dried cherries.

Christina Schmidt said...

I have a dumb question for you: What is Google Reader all about?

Tess said...

WTOW-It is about AWESOMENESS. It's just another RSS Reader, kind of like Bloglines or whatever.

So, instead of keeping bookmarks or clicking through to each site that you visit from your blogroll or whatever, you add a "subscription" to the sites that you read and then when you pull up your Reader it shows you the new posts as people post them.

I like GR because it's easy to use, easy to add a subscription, and if you already use other Google products (like Blogger or Gmail), it's convenient. You can even have it on your Google homepage. I keep mine up all day so I can just read posts as they come in.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have actually eaten at George's. I think the only other restaurant I could name in Waco is Health Camp on the Circle. My visits to the town were basically limited to high school football playoff (way back in the day) games though, so I was too young for the Big O.

Anonymous said...

Tess....I'm looking at this for the first time ever tonight (yeah...i know, I'm a slack ass), but I just want to know, how on earth do you have the time to do this?

Apparently, I must just be rubbish!

Tess said...

Shannon-YAY! You'll have to read the archives and LEAVE ME COMMENTS! It doesn't really take that long, since most of my Deep Thoughts are not really well constructed.

Hee hee. You said RUBBISH.

Jess said...

I'm with the other Jess on Barn Painting. Fabulous. (And thanks for the heads up on Google Reader. I'm a bit clueless.) We're just recently addicted to Heroes as well. As far as tv shows go, pickins are good these days.

Anonymous said...

4!!! TV Shows. Hahahahaha
I'm sure you watched The Office last night. Lot of good one liners. I especially liked, "This office is cursed." I'm thinking of stealing that and editing to saying, "This house is cursed!"

Anonymous said...

YOU FORGOT HARDEES!!! HEHE