Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Graduate

AD is getting ready to transition from the infant room to the toddler room at daycare. Compared to the toddler room, the infant room is total anarchy . Anything goes in the infant room. The infant room is like Freecruising, and the toddler room is like a Weight Watchers cruise complete with personal trainer. They don't take any shit in the toddler room, is what I'm trying to say here. Ever since she got her orders, we have been in "toddler room bootcamp". AD needs to quit slacking and accomplish the following list of tasks:
  • Learn to walk in shoes
  • Switch from bottle to sippy cup
  • Switch from two naps to one nap a day
  • Switch from crib to little refugee cot 2 inches off the ground
  • Eat at a table, in a real chair, with the other kids at mealtime
  • Memorize the preamble to the Constitution
  • Type 75 words per minute
  • Etc.

When I heard that part about sitting at the table in a real chair, I seriously threw back my head and brayed like a donkey. Good luck with that, "Miss So-and-so". May the force be with you.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Are you kidding me, you are cracking me up!!! Now I can definitely get my daily dose of you!

Swistle said...

Ha! I used to work in an infant room, and this is EXACTLY how it was! The toddler room teachers were always rolling their eyes at how we "coddled" and "spoiled" the babies, and we were always panicking that our babies (we thought of them as "ours") would have to go to the toddler room. We'd peek in on them anxiously in their first days, and there would be those BABIES, OUR babies, sitting at the table like toddlers! And then afterwards reciting the preamble to the Constitution.